New Delhi sources reported that the UIDAI said vested interests used Google's "inadvertent" act on its helpline number to create fear and tarnish the image of Aadhaar. Meanwhile the UIDAI also emphasized that a number stored in the contact list cannot steal data from a mobile phone.
Accordingly the Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI) said rumor mongers attempted to tarnish the image of Aadhaar for an inadvertent mistake of Internet major Google that led to the appearance of its old helpline number 1800 300 1947 in the contact list of several mobile phone users. The authority said "UIDAI condemns the vested interests who tried to misuse Google's "inadvertent" act as an opportunity to spread rumors and go around fear-mongering against Aadhaar”.
Moreover the Google had admitted that the number
18003001947 was added by it 'inadvertently' along with police and fire number
112 in 2014 and has since been continuing through sync mechanism. Further UIDAI
said that it has earlier clarified and emphasized that it has not asked any
agency whatsoever to include its helpline number in the mobile phones and also
added that merely adding a phone number cannot steal data in the phone.
History Maker: Dilip Sanghvi - Founder the Sun Pharmaceuticals Accordingly, Dilip Sanghvi is an Indian billionaire businessman and one of the country's richest people and he founded Sun Pharmaceuticals. Reportedly the Government of India awarded him the civilian honor of the Padma Shri in 2016.
- Woman gets depressed as she finds her husband is already father of 47 Children !!!
- Elephant causes rampage in Kerala!
- First Lesbian Cricketing Pair in the History of Cricket
- Reason how Sadhvi Pragya got ticket!
- Even Candidates Shy Away from Janasena Review Meeting
- Thambidurai's surprising behavior!
- North Indians angry over Briyani!
- Will Rahul Gandhi fulfill his poll promises?
- Did TTV Dinakaran appeared before Court in defamation case?
- Harassment case against Chief justice!
- Age verification on adult sites soon!
- Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!