New Delhi sources reported that the UIDAI said vested interests used Google's "inadvertent" act on its helpline number to create fear and tarnish the image of Aadhaar. Meanwhile the UIDAI also emphasized that a number stored in the contact list cannot steal data from a mobile phone.
Accordingly the Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI) said rumor mongers attempted to tarnish the image of Aadhaar for an inadvertent mistake of Internet major Google that led to the appearance of its old helpline number 1800 300 1947 in the contact list of several mobile phone users. The authority said "UIDAI condemns the vested interests who tried to misuse Google's "inadvertent" act as an opportunity to spread rumors and go around fear-mongering against Aadhaar”.
Moreover the Google had admitted that the number
18003001947 was added by it 'inadvertently' along with police and fire number
112 in 2014 and has since been continuing through sync mechanism. Further UIDAI
said that it has earlier clarified and emphasized that it has not asked any
agency whatsoever to include its helpline number in the mobile phones and also
added that merely adding a phone number cannot steal data in the phone.
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news