New Delhi sources reported that the UIDAI said vested interests used Google's "inadvertent" act on its helpline number to create fear and tarnish the image of Aadhaar. Meanwhile the UIDAI also emphasized that a number stored in the contact list cannot steal data from a mobile phone.
Accordingly the Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI) said rumor mongers attempted to tarnish the image of Aadhaar for an inadvertent mistake of Internet major Google that led to the appearance of its old helpline number 1800 300 1947 in the contact list of several mobile phone users. The authority said "UIDAI condemns the vested interests who tried to misuse Google's "inadvertent" act as an opportunity to spread rumors and go around fear-mongering against Aadhaar”.
Moreover the Google had admitted that the number
18003001947 was added by it 'inadvertently' along with police and fire number
112 in 2014 and has since been continuing through sync mechanism. Further UIDAI
said that it has earlier clarified and emphasized that it has not asked any
agency whatsoever to include its helpline number in the mobile phones and also
added that merely adding a phone number cannot steal data in the phone.
E-Commerce Firms growth in peak this festive season As per report with major e-commerce festive season sales coming to a close, the industry has generated sales of around Rs 15,000 crore ($2.3 billion), according to RedSeer Consulting’s estimates. Meanwhile this is a 64% growth over last year, where e-commerce companies clocked sales worth $1.4 billion.
- Sensor based Smart Traffic Signals to be installed in Bengaluru
- Will Gajwel people make KCR win?
- Cracking Coconut before performing Navaratri Pooja is auspicious
- Navaratri Celebrations in Tamilnadu
- Rituals to be followed during Saraswati Pooja
- Know about Saraswati Pooja and its Importance
- Man throws acid on lady!
- Leena complains on Susi!
- Woman kicks 16 year old!
- Tension prevails in Sabarimala!
- Mysuru getting ready for Dussehra this Friday
- Pawan's fresh statement to be a political weapon for TDP in AP
- Will TRS Party defeat TDP?
- TRS Party released Manifesto for upcoming Telangana Elections
- Federal judge dismissed porn star Stormy Daniels' defamation lawsuit against Trump