New Delhi sources reported that the UIDAI said vested interests used Google's "inadvertent" act on its helpline number to create fear and tarnish the image of Aadhaar. Meanwhile the UIDAI also emphasized that a number stored in the contact list cannot steal data from a mobile phone.
Accordingly the Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI) said rumor mongers attempted to tarnish the image of Aadhaar for an inadvertent mistake of Internet major Google that led to the appearance of its old helpline number 1800 300 1947 in the contact list of several mobile phone users. The authority said "UIDAI condemns the vested interests who tried to misuse Google's "inadvertent" act as an opportunity to spread rumors and go around fear-mongering against Aadhaar”.
Moreover the Google had admitted that the number
18003001947 was added by it 'inadvertently' along with police and fire number
112 in 2014 and has since been continuing through sync mechanism. Further UIDAI
said that it has earlier clarified and emphasized that it has not asked any
agency whatsoever to include its helpline number in the mobile phones and also
added that merely adding a phone number cannot steal data in the phone.
Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon? According to sources "Wedding bells for Anushka Shetty", is the most discussed topic among the buffs since a long time. Meanwhile every other day we have been hearing reports of Anushka’s marriage and although, several rumors are surfacing that there is a problem with her horoscope and her family members are busy in search Mr. Perfect for her.
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!