Kabul sources stated that a suicide attack claimed by the Taliban killed three foreign soldiers on patrol in eastern Afghanistan yesterday, the deadliest assault on US-led NATO troops for many months. NATO's Resolute Support mission said in a statement "Three Resolute Support service members were killed by a suicide bomber during a combined, dismounted patrol with Afghan forces in eastern Afghanistan".
Meanwhile a US member of the patrol and two Afghan soldiers were wounded, it said, without giving the nationality of those killed. It said "Resolute Support has a policy of never publishing the nationality of victims before it is made public by the relevant national authorities". Moreover the attack by a lone bomber on foot happened at 6am in the city of Charikar in Parwan province 60 kilometers (37 miles) north of Kabul, said provincial governor's spokesman Wahida Shahkar.
Furthermore the Taliban in a statement claimed
responsibility, saying they killed or wounded eight American soldiers in a
"tactical explosion". Earlier on Friday two suicide bombers dressed
as women struck a Shiite mosque in Gardez, the capital of Paktia province,
while it was crowded with worshipers for weekly prayers, where thirty five
were killed and more than 90 wounded.
Low Pressure belt turned depression in Bay of Bengal, warning for Coastal AP According to sources the Meteorological Department has issued a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh and advised the fishermen against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours. As per report the department forecasted that heavy rains are likely to occur in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts.
- Supreme Court judge wins hearts!
- Will Youth involve in Local Politics?
- Iconic ecologist warned Goa may face same fate as Kerala
- Vedanta aims to hike production to 3,00,000 bpd per day
- Why Bushra Maneka expressed her fear after Imran sworn in as PM?
- Tamilnadu Govt will disburse compensation for damaged crops
- US ended development fund for Syria
- Kerala CM feels proud of unity of his people during Flood
- Kerala people's tearful stories of rescue, at relief camp
- Industrialist becomes popular with cinematic apology!
- Hero Cycles ready to give a Brand New Cycle to Anupriya who donated her 4-years savings to Kerala Floods
- #Vijayakanth at Karunanidhi Memorial
- India's first win in Asian games!
- 50 villages in Erode hit by floods!
- Temporary respite as rains lessens in Kerala!