Kabul sources stated that a suicide attack claimed by the Taliban killed three foreign soldiers on patrol in eastern Afghanistan yesterday, the deadliest assault on US-led NATO troops for many months. NATO's Resolute Support mission said in a statement "Three Resolute Support service members were killed by a suicide bomber during a combined, dismounted patrol with Afghan forces in eastern Afghanistan".
Meanwhile a US member of the patrol and two Afghan soldiers were wounded, it said, without giving the nationality of those killed. It said "Resolute Support has a policy of never publishing the nationality of victims before it is made public by the relevant national authorities". Moreover the attack by a lone bomber on foot happened at 6am in the city of Charikar in Parwan province 60 kilometers (37 miles) north of Kabul, said provincial governor's spokesman Wahida Shahkar.
Furthermore the Taliban in a statement claimed
responsibility, saying they killed or wounded eight American soldiers in a
"tactical explosion". Earlier on Friday two suicide bombers dressed
as women struck a Shiite mosque in Gardez, the capital of Paktia province,
while it was crowded with worshipers for weekly prayers, where thirty five
were killed and more than 90 wounded.
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?