According to sources Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu unveiled India's first thermal battery plant in Amaravati . Meanwhile the plant will manufacture an energy storage device which will store renewable energy for various purposes and thereby reduce carbon emissions and the plant is expected to commence commercial operations by May 2019.
It is manufactured by Bharat Energy Storage Technology (BEST) Private Limited, this device will help store energy for commercial vehicles and highway recharge points and is expected to be of great help in hilly and remote areas. Moreover the device, known as High Energy Density Storage (HEDS), is a technology that was invented and patented by Dr Patrick Glenn in 2016 and further these devices cost the same as the erstwhile lithium based batteries, which have a limited life.
Accordingly this facility is expected to
create 3,000 jobs in a span of three years. Further the batteries are expected
to reduce the country’s dependence on fossil fuels and other non-renewable
sources of energy and the facility will also manufacture storage devices that
are environment friendly and do not use hard metal or inflammable substances
but around 95% re-usable materials. Moreover the company also aims at
curtailing global warming and carbon emissions and also helping the Government
of India achieve its vision of electricity enabled mobility by 2030.
Bengaluru Techstars accelerator begins operations from February 4, 2019 As per report Global entrepreneurial mentoring network Techstars on Monday announced to open its first mentor ship driven accelerator in Bengaluru to nurture Indian start ups in the emerging technologies. Meanwhile to begin with, the Techstars accelerator in India will invest $120,000 each in 10 start ups working in fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data Analytics.
- KRTC services resumed, barring to some parts of Idukki and Kodagu
- Nani says Janasena will lose in General Elections
- YS Jagan donates generously for Kerala Flood
- Manohar Parrikar targeted for his statements after surgical strikes
- TPCC demands investigation in irregularities of transfer of teachers
- Why Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistani Army Chief?
- #Hajj2018 - All you need to Know on this Special Occasion
- "Do Kerala People need Condoms?" - Person who degraded Kerala loses job!
- Kerala slowly returns to normalcy!
- Warangal Collector shocks with ghost story!
- Kerala superheroes get warm reception!
- Green tribunal orders analysis of Sterlite!
- DMK leader to be selected soon!
- PNB Scam accused Nirav Modi located in UK
- BARC shows Television audiences spent more time watching Karunanidhi's death news