Chennai sources added that hundreds of people queued up outside Rajaji Hall here on Wednesday morning to pay their last respect to former Tamilnadu chief minister M Karunanidhi who died on Tuesday evening due to age-related ailments. Meanwhile Lawyer of petitioner Traffic Ramaswamy says 'We have no objection to the burial land for Karunanidhi' and acting Chief Justice says to the lawyer 'Withdraw your case'.
Accordingly Madras high court dismisses petitions filed by Traffic Ramaswamy, K Balu & Duraisamy challenging construction of memorials at Marina beach. Meanwhile the Madras High Court on Wednesday morning has started hearing on the DMK's plea against Tamilnadu's government's decision to deny burial of the party President M. Karunanidhi's body at Marina Beach.
after hearing the plea late Tuesday night, the court directed the state
government and the Chennai Corporation to file their replies and adjourned the
case to Wednesday morning 8 a.m. reports added at the hearing the state
government had opposed the allotment of space at Marina Beach for burial of
Karunanidhi's body. Earlier on Tuesday, the DMK party and family members of
Karunanidhi had requested the state government for allotment of space near DMK
founder C.N. Annadurai's memorial at the Marina Beach.
Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK Sources from Srinagar stated that Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik on Monday said India will dismantle terrorist infrastructures inside Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK) if the terrorism emanating from the neighboring country's soil is not dealt with. He said when speaking to reporters
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?