Chennai sources stated that Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD) is a major public health problem in the state and this is why daily consumption of iodized salt was the devised strategy. Meanwhile a large population of children face iodine deficiency as iodized salt is not consumed daily. Furthermore the directorate of public health has started a new project to test if school students have a regular intake of iodized salt, under the National Iodine Deficiency Disorder Control Program.
As per report the project has been started on a pilot project basis in Tiruvallur and Kanchipuram. Moreover IDD prevalence will rise if consumption of iodine through salt iodization weakens. Moreover a strategy to meet the demand for iodized salt as per the needs for health and nutrition is necessary.
Further the check of salt samples from retail
shops for the content of iodine will be done every month along with the study
of urine samples to check the intake among students. Hence the study is being
supported by the iodine deficiency disorder lab that will conduct checks for
iodine deficiency disorders. Moreover the study will soon be extended to other
districts shortly, said public health director Dr K Kolandaisamy.
Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019 Accordingly Tamilnadu Plastic Manufacturers’ Association (TAPMA) has planned to hold a demonstration on Thursday, asking Tamilnadu government to withdraw its plastic ban that would take effect from January 1, 2019. Meanwhile TAPMA members allege that the government order is discriminatory in nature, which allows the use of plastics in many government sectors and large scale private sectors, while the same is banned for the public and small scale private sectors.
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!
- Rajinikanth delays politics due to BJP loss?
- Mizoram CM's Sensational first order!
- Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana?
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas