Chennai sources stated that Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD) is a major public health problem in the state and this is why daily consumption of iodized salt was the devised strategy. Meanwhile a large population of children face iodine deficiency as iodized salt is not consumed daily. Furthermore the directorate of public health has started a new project to test if school students have a regular intake of iodized salt, under the National Iodine Deficiency Disorder Control Program.
As per report the project has been started on a pilot project basis in Tiruvallur and Kanchipuram. Moreover IDD prevalence will rise if consumption of iodine through salt iodization weakens. Moreover a strategy to meet the demand for iodized salt as per the needs for health and nutrition is necessary.
Further the check of salt samples from retail
shops for the content of iodine will be done every month along with the study
of urine samples to check the intake among students. Hence the study is being
supported by the iodine deficiency disorder lab that will conduct checks for
iodine deficiency disorders. Moreover the study will soon be extended to other
districts shortly, said public health director Dr K Kolandaisamy.
Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. The party took many buildings on lease in Hyderabad and Vijayawada for its operations two years ago. While the party has decided to continue its central office in Madhapur, it has decided to shut down some buildings in other places.
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face
- Indigo has very aggressive fleet expansion plans
- Hottest Bet of Andhra Pradesh Elections
- Sidda candidature helps TDP to get more votes in Towns!
- Rajinikanth all set to contest Assembly elections in Tamilnadu
- Kudos to CBN
- KCR To Gift A Plum Post to His Arch-Rival
- AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran unanimously elected as its general secretary
- Chandrababu Naidu confident winning LS Polls?
- No Ego Whatsoever for KCR
- Hyderabad Metro Rail launched shuttle buses services
- YS Jagan Skips Ramoji Rao's Grand Daughter Wedding
- NIA conducted search operations for ISIS at Hyderabad
- Bollywood actress in top in Google!