Chennai sources stated that Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD) is a major public health problem in the state and this is why daily consumption of iodized salt was the devised strategy. Meanwhile a large population of children face iodine deficiency as iodized salt is not consumed daily. Furthermore the directorate of public health has started a new project to test if school students have a regular intake of iodized salt, under the National Iodine Deficiency Disorder Control Program.
As per report the project has been started on a pilot project basis in Tiruvallur and Kanchipuram. Moreover IDD prevalence will rise if consumption of iodine through salt iodization weakens. Moreover a strategy to meet the demand for iodized salt as per the needs for health and nutrition is necessary.
Further the check of salt samples from retail
shops for the content of iodine will be done every month along with the study
of urine samples to check the intake among students. Hence the study is being
supported by the iodine deficiency disorder lab that will conduct checks for
iodine deficiency disorders. Moreover the study will soon be extended to other
districts shortly, said public health director Dr K Kolandaisamy.
If BJP wants to reinvigorate economy, abolish Personal Income Tax According to sources governments in deep financial trouble turning to businesses for advice on reinvigorating the economy and kick-starting a cycle of growth and prosperity is not new. Meanwhile centuries ago, when an entire line of French emperors fought ruinous wars and bankrupted the economy, they paused to conduct an event not too different from our modern day investor summit,
- 2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut
- NASA manages to locate Chandrayaan 2's Vikram Lander for the Second time
- Penalty imposed on SB & LVB for non-compliance with RBIs directions on Frauds classification
- Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana?
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu