Chennai sources stated that Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD) is a major public health problem in the state and this is why daily consumption of iodized salt was the devised strategy. Meanwhile a large population of children face iodine deficiency as iodized salt is not consumed daily. Furthermore the directorate of public health has started a new project to test if school students have a regular intake of iodized salt, under the National Iodine Deficiency Disorder Control Program.
As per report the project has been started on a pilot project basis in Tiruvallur and Kanchipuram. Moreover IDD prevalence will rise if consumption of iodine through salt iodization weakens. Moreover a strategy to meet the demand for iodized salt as per the needs for health and nutrition is necessary.
Further the check of salt samples from retail
shops for the content of iodine will be done every month along with the study
of urine samples to check the intake among students. Hence the study is being
supported by the iodine deficiency disorder lab that will conduct checks for
iodine deficiency disorders. Moreover the study will soon be extended to other
districts shortly, said public health director Dr K Kolandaisamy.
Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni Kabul sources reported that an official said Taliban assault on two adjacent checkpoints in northern Afghanistan killed at least 30 soldiers and police, as life gradually returned to normal in parts of the eastern city of Ghazni after a massive insurgent attack last week, with sporadic gun battles still underway in some neighborhoods.
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna
- Donald Trump & Imran Khan same to same?
- Continued fall in Rupee causing dollar to gain
- Visveswaraya Tech University made Kannada Language compulsory
- With no help in sight, Kerala people requesting Social Media for Rescue
- Earthquake in Bengaluru? People in Shock!
- Actor Prithiviraj's mother rescued!
- Vajpayee's words to Chinnapillai!
- TN Government announces public holiday!
- 200 Patients & Staff members evacuated from Pathanamthitta flooded Hospital
- Student's Open letter to PM Narendra Modi explaining hardships faced due to NEET
- Pawan Kalyan released Manifesto Vision for forthcoming 2019 Elections
- Demand for Air tickets has gone up for Kerala & Karnataka
- Personal Life of Vajpayee is filled with Positivity