Hyderabad sources reported that a company spokesperson said on Friday that about 40,000 people visited IKEA's first India store on the opening day in Hyderabad. Accordingly the world's leading Swedish home furnishings retailer received a huge response from customers on Thursday. Meanwhile the spokesperson, however, declined to share the numbers relating to the business transacted on the first day, stating that the response was in line with the expectations.
Furthermore the store manager John Achillea had stated that they were expecting 40,000 to 45,000 people. Moreover with a huge crowd thronging the store in the evening, the IKEA staff found it a bit challenging to regulate the entry and further there were also few tense moments when some people broke queue to force their entry.
Further keeping in mind safety regulations and
compliance of norms, the store only accommodated 9,000 people at a time, which
resulted in long waiting lines. As per report IKEA had a capacity for more
1,200 cars. Accordingly the first India store of IKEA was opened with an
investment of Rs 1,000 crore, five years after the world's largest single brand
retailer received government approval in 2013 to invest Rs 10,500 crore to open
25 stores in India by 2025. Furthermore IKEA's next store will open in Navi
Mumbai in next summer, followed by Bengaluru and Delhi and in the next phase,
IKEA would cover Ahmedabad, Surat, Pune, Chennai and Kolkata.
World's Most UNSAFE place for WOMEN - INDIA GETS RANK ONE In the list of countries where women do not have safety, India has topped, in a huge shocker for the nation. England based Thomas Reuters charitable organization had conducted a survey for the welfare of women, on the list of countries totally unsafe for women. The survey was conducted considering a total of 193 countries of the world.
- Baba Ramdev supporting STERLITE
- Another Survivor opens up about Lyricist Vairamuthu
- Jana Sena running out of cash
- A Shameful incident at the famous Kanaka Durga temple
- Why IT officials threw CM Ramesh's wife mobile into dustbin?
- Kerala celebrates Vijayadasami specially
- Why Parents enroll their kids in a preschool on Vijayadasami?
- Eastern India celebrates Vijayadasami in a different way
- Importance of Vijayadasami in different parts of India
- KCR to pen to One Crore Households
- Revathy's complaint goes against her!
- Siddharth the only supporter of Chinmayi!
- BJP fights Sabarimala verdict!
- "I can live in Pakistan than South India" - Siddhu speech gets viral!
- Tamilisai Soundararajan ridiculed Kamal Hassan