According to sources there has been no respite for residents in Idukki one of the worst-hit districts in Kerala, with continuous rains overnight. Meanwhile the water levels at Cheruthoni dam have touched 2401 feet, just 2 feet short of its full reservoir level and as of Friday morning, three shutters of the dam have been raised, with the CMO Kerala Twitter handle stating that 125 cusecs of water being discharged.
Moreover rains show no signs of letting up, and water levels in the dam continue to rise, more shutters may be opened. Presently authorities have also imposed a ban on the movement of heavy goods vehicles and tourist vehicles in the high ranges of Idukki. As per report for the first time in 26 years, one shutter of the dam was opened on Thursday as water levels rose to nearly 2,399 feet in the reservoir, just 4 feet below its full capacity.
Further Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi
Vijayan on Thursday night put out a statement saying that he had
spoken to Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding the situation in the state. Meanwhile
Pinarayi Vijayan also said that he had called up his counterpart in Karnataka,
HD Kumaraswamy, to enquire about the situation in Karnataka, as parts of the
state were also hit by rains. Vijayan said “Kumaraswamy has said that the
Karnataka government had opened the shutters in the Kabini River to allow the
water from Banasura dam in Wayanad to be released”.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018