According to sources there has been no respite for residents in Idukki one of the worst-hit districts in Kerala, with continuous rains overnight. Meanwhile the water levels at Cheruthoni dam have touched 2401 feet, just 2 feet short of its full reservoir level and as of Friday morning, three shutters of the dam have been raised, with the CMO Kerala Twitter handle stating that 125 cusecs of water being discharged.
Moreover rains show no signs of letting up, and water levels in the dam continue to rise, more shutters may be opened. Presently authorities have also imposed a ban on the movement of heavy goods vehicles and tourist vehicles in the high ranges of Idukki. As per report for the first time in 26 years, one shutter of the dam was opened on Thursday as water levels rose to nearly 2,399 feet in the reservoir, just 4 feet below its full capacity.
Further Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi
Vijayan on Thursday night put out a statement saying that he had
spoken to Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding the situation in the state. Meanwhile
Pinarayi Vijayan also said that he had called up his counterpart in Karnataka,
HD Kumaraswamy, to enquire about the situation in Karnataka, as parts of the
state were also hit by rains. Vijayan said “Kumaraswamy has said that the
Karnataka government had opened the shutters in the Kabini River to allow the
water from Banasura dam in Wayanad to be released”.
Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it! Former Indian swashbuckling opening batsman Virender Sehwag has challenged that though Indian Skipper, run machine Virat Kohli has been making new records and breaking existing records, smashing most of the records of Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, he won't be able to overcome several records. Kolhi has been on a rampage as he has been breaking records one after the other with every match and he is literally unstoppable.
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?