According to sources from Indian Meteorological Department the incessant rains that have been lashing Hyderabad since Thursday are expected to continue for the next 48 hours in Hyderabad. Meanwhile the temperatures in Hyderabad dipped to 21.9 degrees on Saturday night, five degrees lower than normal.
Recently in a press release, the Met department said that a decrease in air pressure in north-west Bay of Bengal has created cyclonic conditions that could cause heavy rains in Telangana. Moreover heavy rains are predicted for Adilabad, Kumaram Bheem Asifabad, Mancherial, Jagtiyal, Peddapally, Karimnagar, Jaishankar Bhupalpally, Warangal, Mehboobabad and coastal Andhra for the next five days.
IMD meteorologist KS Sridhar told “This year, the state received less rainfall
than expected. Adilabad received the highest rainfall, recording 652mm since
June. Meanwhile, Jogulamba-Gadwal recorded the lowest with 167mm and moreover the
state government has said that of the 584 mandals in the state, 311 are facing
a rainfall deficit”. Furthermore the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
(GHMC) deployed several of their Enforcement Vigilance Disaster Management
(EVDM) vehicles, placing them at various key locations on standby.
Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year According to sources in the last 24 hours, 27 districts, 142 taluks and 549 hoblis received excess rainfall, as per data compiled by the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC). Meanwhile at least two deaths were reported due to the excess rainfall in Koppal district.
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"