Kerala has been facing the havoc of heavy rains over the past few days, and in a considerable improvement, the flood situation was slightly reduced, as the water level of the Idukki reservoir reduced from 2400.6 feet to 2398.6 feet in a fall in the level for the second straight day.
Despite this, the rains were continuing to be heavy and troublesome for the people, especially in the catchment areas of Idukki reservoir. An average rainfall of 20.86 mm has been witnessed by areas around Idukki in past 24 hours alone. Recently, a Wayanad based 58-year-old lady was declared dead in a house collapse, and with this, the death toll due the Kerala floods increased to 38, with 6 people yet to be found.
Wayanad was badly affected by rains yesterday, as the Wayanad collector, Ajayakumar announced holiday for Schools, colleges, today. After the water levels crossed the danger mark. the shutters of the Pothundy dam, and warnings to open shutters of Chullyar, Menaka and Walayar reservoirs were issued, and the Mullaperiyar dam water level has also increased to 132.5 feet.
As per the estimates, losses are approximated at 8315 crores. as per the memorandum submitted by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan to the center, and the memorandum has also requested a release of 1220 crores from National Disaster relief fund for offering immediate relief to Kerala.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party