It’s a known fact that India celebrates its independence day on August 15. But do we all know the history and significance behind the date? In 1600, in the name of trading tea, cotton, and silk, East India Company had penetrated into India. As they found Indians easy to divide and exploit, they started to expand, and slowly took over the ruling of the nation, and ultimately India went under the control of England.
After that, there were numerous battles, protests, and after years of peaceful and violent struggles and sacrifices by many Indians, the nation achieved its independence. India's Independence Day was selected by India's first governor general and last viceroy, Lord Mountbatten. In 1945 August 15, Japan had surrendered to allied forces, and in remembrance of the same, Mountbatten had chosen August 15 as the Independence Day of our country.
Though there were many who fought
for the independence and participated in the freedom struggle, the most
important among them happens to be Mahatma Gandhi, who had wanted to dissolve
Congress party after independence. However, his wish of dissolving the party
whose actual aim was to achieve freedom was never fulfilled, as the party still
RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank New Delhi sources stated that the private sector lender said the Reserve Bank has warned Yes Bank of regulatory action for disclosure of nil divergence report in violation of the confidentiality clause. Meanwhile Yes Bank in a press release earlier this week had said the RBI has not found
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!