It’s a known fact that India celebrates its independence day on August 15. But do we all know the history and significance behind the date? In 1600, in the name of trading tea, cotton, and silk, East India Company had penetrated into India. As they found Indians easy to divide and exploit, they started to expand, and slowly took over the ruling of the nation, and ultimately India went under the control of England.
After that, there were numerous battles, protests, and after years of peaceful and violent struggles and sacrifices by many Indians, the nation achieved its independence. India's Independence Day was selected by India's first governor general and last viceroy, Lord Mountbatten. In 1945 August 15, Japan had surrendered to allied forces, and in remembrance of the same, Mountbatten had chosen August 15 as the Independence Day of our country.
Though there were many who fought
for the independence and participated in the freedom struggle, the most
important among them happens to be Mahatma Gandhi, who had wanted to dissolve
Congress party after independence. However, his wish of dissolving the party
whose actual aim was to achieve freedom was never fulfilled, as the party still
Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple Chennai sources made a statement that Tamilnadu created many spiritual leaders including those from Jains to serve the people. Meanwhile this was also the objective of the late chief minister J. Jayalalitha, who had taken a political path. Accordingly Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami said in Acharya Shree Mahashraman Chaturmas Pravas Vyavastha Samiti held in the city, on Saturday. “Jain saints and late Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha converge on same ideals”.
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities