It has been said by inside sources that the competition for the post of DMK's treasurer has been the major reason for MK Alagiri's sudden outrage and extreme anger. Yesterday morning, DMK leader, the late Kalaignar M Karunanidhi's son Alagiri had visited his father's memorial at the Marina, and paid his respects, and later when he spoke to the press, said that he had the support of majority of the DMK cadre. This statement from Alagiri sent shock waves across the party, and the whole state is buzzing with the question as to why Alagiri made such a statement.
Following the demise of Karunanidhi, DMK is all set to witness a drastic transformation, and very soon, MK Stalin might take over the role of president of DMK. Besides, there are plans to appoint a new treasurer as well for the party, and the decision on the same will be taken in today’s general body meeting. It has been said that Alagiri had sought the treasurer post, and did not even ask even the president or any other role, besides also urging to immediately include him into DMK. However, on the other end, Kanimozhi had reportedly asked for the same post, and since she had been extremely active during the last rites of the leader, she had rightfully sought the role.
It has been said that several party members have emphasized on Kanimozhi's presence in national politics, while also adding that Alagiri might corner senior members, to Stalin. Now, Stalin is under pressure to choose between his siblings, and tomorrow's condolence meet is all set to turn into a party treasurer selection meeting.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!