According to sources Jeff Bezos headed US giant Amazon is slowly but strongly moving towards its objective of investing $5 billion into the Indian market. Meanwhile the latest infusion from the parent company is worth Rs 2,700 crore.
Furthermore this comes after Amazon India had received almost a similar amount of Rs 2,600 crore in May this year. Presently Amazon appears to have reached a figure of $3.6 billion or about Rs 25,000 crore and there has been a $100 million allocation meant for Amazon Retail, the division that is focusing on the grocery and daily essentials business in India. Moreover it is understood that Amazon has committed $500 million to creating this business as it sees enormous scope in the area.
Further according to a
recent Forrester’s research data, Flipkart is almost on par with Amazon in the
online retail market in India, with 31.9% against 31.1% of Amazon. Accordingly Amazon
will be keen to limit the collateral damage it may have to bear when Walmart
brings its might to bear upon the business of Flipkart, particularly having
received the CCI approval for the deal.
9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released! In an unexpected turn of events, the Gobichettipalayam additional bench justice Mani had ordered the release of the 9 accused who were arrested in connection to the kidnapping of Kannada superstar Rajkumar years ago. In 2000, when Kannada actor Rajkumar was in his farm house, he was kidnapped by Sandalwood smuggling expert Veerappan, on July 30, in Erode's Thottagajanur near Thaalavadi.
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?