According to sources Jeff Bezos headed US giant Amazon is slowly but strongly moving towards its objective of investing $5 billion into the Indian market. Meanwhile the latest infusion from the parent company is worth Rs 2,700 crore.
Furthermore this comes after Amazon India had received almost a similar amount of Rs 2,600 crore in May this year. Presently Amazon appears to have reached a figure of $3.6 billion or about Rs 25,000 crore and there has been a $100 million allocation meant for Amazon Retail, the division that is focusing on the grocery and daily essentials business in India. Moreover it is understood that Amazon has committed $500 million to creating this business as it sees enormous scope in the area.
Further according to a
recent Forrester’s research data, Flipkart is almost on par with Amazon in the
online retail market in India, with 31.9% against 31.1% of Amazon. Accordingly Amazon
will be keen to limit the collateral damage it may have to bear when Walmart
brings its might to bear upon the business of Flipkart, particularly having
received the CCI approval for the deal.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees