New Delhi sources reported that on India's 72nd Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the long awaited manned space mission by India, for which space agency ISRO has been prepping. Meanwhile by 2022 PM Modi said "a son or daughter of India will go to space with a tricolor in hand" and the other big announcement was the roll out of the world's largest government funded healthcare program the Ayushman Bharat, which would benefit 50 crore people.
Furthermore he also spoke of Kashmir, saying the way forward was the one indicated by Atal Bihari Vajpayee Insaniyat, Jamhuriyat, Kashmiriyat. He said "We want to go ahead on that road and not bullets and abuse; we want to embrace the patriotic people of Kashmir". He said "Today when any Indian goes anywhere, all countries of the world welcome them and the power of the Indian passport has increased".
Moreover he also promised that the law against
triple talaq will materialize and the removal of AFSPA from large parts of the
northeast. He added "Our forces have ushered in a new era of internal security”.
Further for his Independence Day speech, PM Narendra Modi had asked for ideas
from people, a practice he has followed for the past three years. Moreover some
of the suggestions received on the MyGov.in website included on rape, open
defecation, reservation system and education.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy