As per report Parts of Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary in Mandya were left inundated on Wednesday after water was released from the Krishnarajasagara reservoir. Accordingly the bird sanctuary, located on the banks of the Cauvery River, is home to as many as 60,000 migratory birds. Meanwhile an official at the sanctuary said many islands in the sanctuary have been submerged and we have decided to close down operations.
Furthermore boat rides too have been stopped since August 9 as a precaution. Moreover a flood alert was issued for areas along the banks of the River Cauvery after heavy rains forced the Karnataka government to release water from the Kabini and KRS reservoirs. Hence in total, over 1,20,000 cusecs of water was released from the two reservoirs.
Moreover at 6 am on
Wednesday morning, the Central Water Commission said that the water levels
of the Cauvery in Mysuru district were flowing above high flood level (HFL). As
per report at Chunchunkatte, the water level was recorded at 757.95ft while the
HFL is at 757.45ft, while in T Narsipur the water level was 640.64ft while the
HFL is 642.40. Moreover this caused a ripple effect in the downstream, low lying
areas of the reservoir, flooding several fields along the river as well as the
Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary.
APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6 Sources from Amaravathi stated that the Union announced the same after a meeting with the Joint Action Committee (JAC) yesterday and announced the call for the strike. Meanwhile the APSRTC Employees’ Union said that the state government and the management were not responding to their demands which had been pending for a long time, forcing them to take this step.
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens