As per report Parts of Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary in Mandya were left inundated on Wednesday after water was released from the Krishnarajasagara reservoir. Accordingly the bird sanctuary, located on the banks of the Cauvery River, is home to as many as 60,000 migratory birds. Meanwhile an official at the sanctuary said many islands in the sanctuary have been submerged and we have decided to close down operations.
Furthermore boat rides too have been stopped since August 9 as a precaution. Moreover a flood alert was issued for areas along the banks of the River Cauvery after heavy rains forced the Karnataka government to release water from the Kabini and KRS reservoirs. Hence in total, over 1,20,000 cusecs of water was released from the two reservoirs.
Moreover at 6 am on
Wednesday morning, the Central Water Commission said that the water levels
of the Cauvery in Mysuru district were flowing above high flood level (HFL). As
per report at Chunchunkatte, the water level was recorded at 757.95ft while the
HFL is at 757.45ft, while in T Narsipur the water level was 640.64ft while the
HFL is 642.40. Moreover this caused a ripple effect in the downstream, low lying
areas of the reservoir, flooding several fields along the river as well as the
Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day