As per report Parts of Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary in Mandya were left inundated on Wednesday after water was released from the Krishnarajasagara reservoir. Accordingly the bird sanctuary, located on the banks of the Cauvery River, is home to as many as 60,000 migratory birds. Meanwhile an official at the sanctuary said many islands in the sanctuary have been submerged and we have decided to close down operations.
Furthermore boat rides too have been stopped since August 9 as a precaution. Moreover a flood alert was issued for areas along the banks of the River Cauvery after heavy rains forced the Karnataka government to release water from the Kabini and KRS reservoirs. Hence in total, over 1,20,000 cusecs of water was released from the two reservoirs.
Moreover at 6 am on
Wednesday morning, the Central Water Commission said that the water levels
of the Cauvery in Mysuru district were flowing above high flood level (HFL). As
per report at Chunchunkatte, the water level was recorded at 757.95ft while the
HFL is at 757.45ft, while in T Narsipur the water level was 640.64ft while the
HFL is 642.40. Moreover this caused a ripple effect in the downstream, low lying
areas of the reservoir, flooding several fields along the river as well as the
Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary.
"Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app According to sources aiming to take on mobile dating apps such as Tinder and Bumble, social networking giant Facebook started testing its new dating product in Colombia. As per report "At first glance, 'Facebook Dating' closely resembles its competitor Hinge. Both depart from the swiping model popularized by Tinder in favor of asking users to answer question prompts and start conversations based on something in a person's profile".
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?