The rains went heavy, and the floods have worsened in Kerala, as flight services have been cancelled till Saturday in the Cochin international airport, and the death toll rose to 67, as rains claimed the lives of 25 yesterday alone, 14 districts of Kerala have been issued a red alert, and from Kasaragod to Thiruvananthapuram, the shutters of 35 dams have been opened.
Chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan announced the death toll rising to 67, with 11 deaths from Malappuram alone, and he also said that the rains are getting higher in the coming days, and 1,5 lakhs people are moved to relief centers across Kerala. Vijayan also informed that he had discussed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi to seek help and relief measures with immediate effect.
Holidays have been declared for schools and other educational institutions, and the power services, communication have been totally disrupted, and the state has demanded more National disaster response force and army personnel, as the CM met governor Sathasivam and briefed him on the situation.
Tourist centers like Athirapalli, Munnar have been closed, and flight services have been canceled as well. The train services were also affected, and there were landslides in several places, delaying the trains. Kerala has now sought lifeboats from Tamilnadu, and with water scarcity, the CM has urged people to consume water minimally.
Schools, Colleges announced Holiday Holiday has been announced for schools and colleges within Nagapattinam, and Pudukottai districts. The Gaja cyclone formed in the Bay of Bengal has turned the lives of delta area people upside down, and though it has been two days since the cyclone had subsided, people living in delta areas have been facing a tough time, without food, water, and all other basic needs.
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban