According to sources heavy rains, floods and resultant damage to road and rail infrastructure across Kerala, coastal and Malnad Karnataka have resulted in a massive spike in the prices of air ticket to and from Bengaluru. As per report the bus service shave completely been shut on many routes from Bengaluru while train services have been partially cancelled.
Meanwhile flights from Bengaluru to Mangaluru (via Hyderabad) cost over Rs 8,000 for Thursday night with no direct flights available at 3:30 pm on popular ticket booking site. Presently there are no flights available to Thiruvananthapuram for Thursday evening and flights on Friday morning cost over Rs 7,000 in the light of the Kochi airport being shut till August 18.
Recently Vistara Airlines announced that they have
capped prices of economy class tickets to Trivandrum from Delhi and Chennai at
Rs 10,000 and Rs 7,000 respectively. Furthermore there are also reports of
multiple passengers of international flights, especially those arriving from
Gulf countries wishing to travel to Kerala, who are now stranded at Bengaluru
airport. Moreover Latha, the Public Relation Officer at the
Karnataka State Transport Corporation, said, “All services towards Kerala, except
Palakkad sector, are not functioning and the premium services from
Bengaluru to Mangaluru and other coastal areas have also been
stopped. Reports added only express services are running
through Charmadi Ghat.”
Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height As per report, the price of petrol nearing the psychological Rs 90 a litre mark in Mumbai with the fuel selling at Rs 89.44 under the dynamic pricing regime. Meanwhile as per rates released daily by state run Indian Oil Corp, the depreciating rupee and expensive crude oil further pushed petrol and diesel to new record highs on Monday.
- Heavy rains expected yesterday as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee