Reports added from this academic year here on, all second year engineering students of Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and its affiliated colleges will have to take a compulsory course in Kannada. Accordingly the Kannada course, which was an audit course up until now, did not carry any weight age. Further even if the students know Kannada, it is mandatory for students in their third and fourth semester to attend these classes.
Moreover according to VTU Registrar HN Jagannath Reddy, Kannada will be a formal course and all engineering students must obtain a total of 175 credits. He said “Students must get at least 175 credits before completing engineering, and Kannada will carry credit points and moreover this course aims at teaching Kannada for students who do not know the language as well”.
He added “Those who have studied Kannada as a
second language (in ICSE and CBSE curriculum) and first language (state syllabus)
will have a separate course and this is to ensure that those who already know
Kannada will be studying the language at an advanced level”. Further those who
have studied Kannada up to class 10 will have to study the Kannada Manasu
course, and those who do not literate in Kannada will have to opt the Kannada
Kali course and the Kannada lessons will be held twice a week for 16 weeks.
GMR with Terna to develop International Airport at Greece Hyderabad sources reported that GMR Airports Limited, along with its Greek partner Terna Group, will develop the new international airport of Heraklion at Crete, Greece. Earlier on Friday, the consortium signed a concession agreement for design, construction, financing, operation, maintenance and exploitation of the new airport for a period of 35 years, including five years of its first phase construction.
- CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina