Reports added from this academic year here on, all second year engineering students of Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and its affiliated colleges will have to take a compulsory course in Kannada. Accordingly the Kannada course, which was an audit course up until now, did not carry any weight age. Further even if the students know Kannada, it is mandatory for students in their third and fourth semester to attend these classes.
Moreover according to VTU Registrar HN Jagannath Reddy, Kannada will be a formal course and all engineering students must obtain a total of 175 credits. He said “Students must get at least 175 credits before completing engineering, and Kannada will carry credit points and moreover this course aims at teaching Kannada for students who do not know the language as well”.
He added “Those who have studied Kannada as a
second language (in ICSE and CBSE curriculum) and first language (state syllabus)
will have a separate course and this is to ensure that those who already know
Kannada will be studying the language at an advanced level”. Further those who
have studied Kannada up to class 10 will have to study the Kannada Manasu
course, and those who do not literate in Kannada will have to opt the Kannada
Kali course and the Kannada lessons will be held twice a week for 16 weeks.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections