As per report the Supreme Court on Friday said that the sub-committee must examine and find a way, if possible, to reduce the water level of the Mullaperiyar Dam to 139ft and ensure that it doesn’t cross the threshold. Meanwhile the Centre told the court that the sub-committee has decided to bring the level down by 2-3 feet in a phased manner, reported Bar and Bench.
Accordingly this came after a private person filed a plea with the apex court and asked for an urgent hearing on Thursday. Furthermore he sought the announcement of a Disaster Management Plan and the water levels of the dam to be monitored by Tamilnadu. According to sources the court commended Kerala’s efforts to combat the crisis, but also asked the Kerala Chief Secretary to file an affidavit on the steps the state has taken to mitigate the crisis, and said that the state must follow the instructions issued by the National Crisis Management Committee for rescuing and rehabilitating people.
Further the Centre said that the situation was being monitored by the
Cabinet Secretary. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan wrote a letter to his
Tamilnadu counterpart Edappadi Palaniswami on Wednesday, urging him to ensure
that the outflow from Mullaperiyar dam is more than the inflow, thereby
bringing the level of water down to 139 ft. Presently the dam is located in
Kerala, but it is controlled and operated by the Tamilnadu government. Earlier on
Thursday night, Pinarayi said that the TN government was cooperating well
following the Prime Minister’s intervention.
Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung According to report soaps, face packs, shampoos and medicinal products made from cow urine and dung may soon be just a click away as an RSS backed centre says it is set to sell these on e-commerce major Amazon India. Meanwhile Deen Dayal Dham, a centre run by the RSS in Farah town of Mathura
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!