As per report the Supreme Court on Friday said that the sub-committee must examine and find a way, if possible, to reduce the water level of the Mullaperiyar Dam to 139ft and ensure that it doesn’t cross the threshold. Meanwhile the Centre told the court that the sub-committee has decided to bring the level down by 2-3 feet in a phased manner, reported Bar and Bench.
Accordingly this came after a private person filed a plea with the apex court and asked for an urgent hearing on Thursday. Furthermore he sought the announcement of a Disaster Management Plan and the water levels of the dam to be monitored by Tamilnadu. According to sources the court commended Kerala’s efforts to combat the crisis, but also asked the Kerala Chief Secretary to file an affidavit on the steps the state has taken to mitigate the crisis, and said that the state must follow the instructions issued by the National Crisis Management Committee for rescuing and rehabilitating people.
Further the Centre said that the situation was being monitored by the
Cabinet Secretary. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan wrote a letter to his
Tamilnadu counterpart Edappadi Palaniswami on Wednesday, urging him to ensure
that the outflow from Mullaperiyar dam is more than the inflow, thereby
bringing the level of water down to 139 ft. Presently the dam is located in
Kerala, but it is controlled and operated by the Tamilnadu government. Earlier on
Thursday night, Pinarayi said that the TN government was cooperating well
following the Prime Minister’s intervention.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites