According to sources following the demise of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, 7 day mourning has been declared by the Centre and most of the states in the country have already declared a holiday. Meanwhile as many as 13 states have declared Friday as a holiday, while the Andhra Pradesh government is in no mood to mourn Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s death.
As per report in Telangana, several educational institutions and government offices have been closed as part of the mourning. Moreover AP Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu too announced that the state would also mourn for a week and however, Naidu said as Atalji had also wished not to take leave and worked relentlessly for the country, the state government did not announce Friday as holiday.
Accordingly Delhi, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh,
Bihar, Tamilnadu, Pudducherry were among several other states that have
announced holiday. Moreover the funeral of the former prime minister took place
at 4 pm yesterday at Rashtriya Smiti Sthal in Delhi. Hence the national flag
will be flown at half mast.
Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains? Chennai sources stated that in an effort that could go some way in preparing the people for any imminent threat arising out of the monsoon rains, the State Revenue Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Centre for Coastal Research, to know in advance about the condition and intensity of rains.
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?