Kochi sources reported that a pregnant woman stranded in one of the worst flood hit areas of Kerala had developed complications with a ruptured amniotic sac. Accordingly Sajita Jabil, 25, was stuck on the rooftop of her house in Aluva is a submerged region of Kerala's Ernakulam district when she heard the rattling of chopper blades. Earlier it was an Indian Navy chopper that had flown especially to rescue and end her nightmare.
Meanwhile a doctor was first lowered from the chopper to examine her condition before she was airlifted and taken to Sanjivani multi-specialty hospital in Alappuzha district. The spokesperson said in a statement "A pregnant lady with water bag leaking was airlifted and evacuated to Sanjivani and the operation was successful". Furthermore almost half an hour later, the woman delivered a baby boy and the baby and the mother are both stable at the naval hospital.
added the Navy Wives Welfare Association was involved with relief activities at
the camp as well. Its volunteers collected freshly prepared food and clothing
for distribution to the survivors. Moreover the survivors were shifted to a
relief camp set up at Fort Kochi. Meanwhile, INS Venduruthy had set up a
community kitchen at Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) to
cater to 3,000 people.
Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019 Colombo sources stated that Sri Lankan strongman Mahindra Rajapaksa, who was appointed prime minister in a controversial move by President Maithripala Sirisena, on Sunday ended his five decade long association with the SLFP and joined the newly formed Sri Lanka People's Party (SLPP).
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students