Chennai sources reported that weekly data released by the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) shows that Tamil news viewership witnessed a massive spike between August 4 and August 10 compared to previous weeks. Meanwhile the former Tamilnadu Chief Minister and DMK President M Karunanidhi passed away on August 7. Furthermore according to the BARC data between Saturday, 4 August 2018, to Friday, 10 August 2018, the top 5 Tamil news television channels made a combined impression of 4,03,890.
Reports added that this demonstrated a 156% spike in viewership from the previous weekly update, which registered an impression of 209 million between July 14 to August 3. Meanwhile BARC India defines an impression as, “Number of individuals in 000s of a target audience who viewed an ‘Event’, averaged across minutes and also known as TVT.”
As per report, television audiences in Chennai spent two hours and forty three
minutes watching the news compared to the thirty two minute average witnessed
in the previous weeks. Moreover the newspaper also reports that this was the
second such spike in viewership after the death of former Tamilnadu Chief
Minister and AIADMK General Secretary J Jayalalitha in 2016 and presently the
Tamil news genre witnessed 734 million impressions that week.
India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated Currently the case across the globe, India is facing a rising tide of people unwilling to allow themselves, or their children to be vaccinated. Accordingly this presents a considerable issue, as immunization levels fall the overall effect of a vaccination campaign is diminished. Meanwhile the concept is known as herd immunity.
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant