DMK's general body meeting has been planned to be held on August 28. DMK supreme Kalaignar M Karunanidhi had passed away following age related ailments and deterioration of health on August 7, at Chennai's Kauvery hospital at 6:10 pm. After his death, and after a legal battle against the Tamilnadu government, Karunanidhi's memorial was set near Anna memorial at Marina.
Following this, the DMK meet was held on August 4 at Arivalayam. Now, with tense situation prevailing within the party, the DMK general body meeting is scheduled to be held on August 28 as announced by the DMK core committee yesterday. The meeting will be presided over by DMK leader MK Stalin, and senior leader Anbazhagan has announced that the elections for the posts of DMK treasurer and President will be held on the same date.
Most probably, DMK President role
will be with MK Stalin, though there are no official confirmations. On August
28, all the DMK cadre and members from all over the state will be assembling,
and this is the first general body meeting of DMK post the demise of M
Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families? Washington sources reported that a legislation seeking to stop the Trump administration from revoking the work authorization of spouses of H1-B visa holders, which include Indians, has been introduced in the US Congress by two lawmakers. Accordingly they said eliminating this benefit would force many foreign workers to use their talent to compete against American businesses.
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?