Thoothukudi sources stated that the one man commission probing the Thoothukudi violence in which 13 persons were killed in the police firing, had summoned a dead man to appear before its enquiry. Previously the summon which was dispatched on August 13 to Glaston (42), son of Koilpitchai of Mettupatti street, Therespuram here, ordered Glaston to appear for enquiry of police firing before retired Judge, Aruna Jagadeesan, chairperson of the commission, by 10 am on August 29, unaware of the fact that Glaston was one among the 13 killed in the firing.
Meanwhile besides ordering the dead person to appear before it without fail with all documents to support his version of the violence, the panel also added that if he failed to appear, the inquiry would be taken ahead without his version. Furthermore this flaw of the commission has been criticized by anti-Sterlite activists, who have been demanding an inquiry by a sitting high court judge.
Moreover when summoning a dead person for inquiry without even knowing that
he was one among the persons killed in the firing, shows the inept manner in
which the government is handling the inquiry.
CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons? The fact that the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu, Edappadi K Palanisamy has not visited the delta areas and the districts affected by the effects of the deadly Gaja cyclone has created a huge controversy in the Tamilnadu political fraternity and among the general public. Gaja cyclone has played a spoilsport in the lives of lots of people in the state, and due to this the normalcy of lives of the people of delta districts has been affected.
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections