Thoothukudi sources stated that the one man commission probing the Thoothukudi violence in which 13 persons were killed in the police firing, had summoned a dead man to appear before its enquiry. Previously the summon which was dispatched on August 13 to Glaston (42), son of Koilpitchai of Mettupatti street, Therespuram here, ordered Glaston to appear for enquiry of police firing before retired Judge, Aruna Jagadeesan, chairperson of the commission, by 10 am on August 29, unaware of the fact that Glaston was one among the 13 killed in the firing.
Meanwhile besides ordering the dead person to appear before it without fail with all documents to support his version of the violence, the panel also added that if he failed to appear, the inquiry would be taken ahead without his version. Furthermore this flaw of the commission has been criticized by anti-Sterlite activists, who have been demanding an inquiry by a sitting high court judge.
Moreover when summoning a dead person for inquiry without even knowing that
he was one among the persons killed in the firing, shows the inept manner in
which the government is handling the inquiry.
BJP leader wants Kanyakumari! For the Lok Sabha elections, ADMK ruling Tamilnadu and BJP which rules the centre have joined hands, and in the alliance, BJP has been offered 5 seats by ADMK party, and the alliance also has PMK as a part of it. After many rounds of discussions and negotiations, the deal was struck when finance minister Piyush Goyal had arrived to Tamilnadu and met CM Edappadi Palanisamy and Deputy CM O.Panneerselvam.
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech