Thoothukudi sources stated that the one man commission probing the Thoothukudi violence in which 13 persons were killed in the police firing, had summoned a dead man to appear before its enquiry. Previously the summon which was dispatched on August 13 to Glaston (42), son of Koilpitchai of Mettupatti street, Therespuram here, ordered Glaston to appear for enquiry of police firing before retired Judge, Aruna Jagadeesan, chairperson of the commission, by 10 am on August 29, unaware of the fact that Glaston was one among the 13 killed in the firing.
Meanwhile besides ordering the dead person to appear before it without fail with all documents to support his version of the violence, the panel also added that if he failed to appear, the inquiry would be taken ahead without his version. Furthermore this flaw of the commission has been criticized by anti-Sterlite activists, who have been demanding an inquiry by a sitting high court judge.
Moreover when summoning a dead person for inquiry without even knowing that
he was one among the persons killed in the firing, shows the inept manner in
which the government is handling the inquiry.
3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi All the Pandals have been set up and Ganapathi has arrived and we all couldn't get more excited. Every year the festival is celebrated on a bigger scale and Maharashtra does it, even more, bigger and that is because of the dishes they prepare. Now, we bring you 3 dishes which you must know to prepare.
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing