Chennai sources stated that BJP leaders including Union Minister of State for Finance and Shipping Pon Radhakrishnan and party state president Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan on Wednesday evening brought the ‘kalasam’ (urn) containing the ashes of former Prime Minister A. B. Vajpayee to the city to be kept at party state headquarters Kamalalayam, for homage, and subsequent immersion on Aug. 26.
Meanwhile the urns containing the ashes were handed over to the state leaders by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and party president Amit Shah, in New Delhi earlier in the day. Furthermore as per report from the airport here, the BJP leaders took the ashes of Bharat Ratna Vajpayee, in a procession to Kamalalayam, for homage on Thursday by the members of the public, leaders of various parties and BJP members.
Moreover towards the evening, the BJP leaders will take the ashes to
Kanyakumari, Rameswaram, Madurai, Tiruchy, Bhavani in Erode and Adyar River in
Chennai and further the ashes will be taken in a procession and immersed
simultaneously at all the six places on Aug. 26, at 11 am. Accordingly Dr
Tamilisai would lead the 'Asthi Kalash yatra' in Chennai, Mr. Pon Radhakrishnan
will lead the procession in Kanyakumari, party MP L. Ganesan in Tiruchy,
national secretary H. Raja in Rameswaram, national executive committee member
C. P. Radhakrishnan in Erode and former state president K. N. Lakshmanan in
Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP According to sources it was stated that Pawan Kalyan to attend the famous Roti Festival (Rottela Panduga) at Bara Shaheed Dargah in Nellore. Meanwhile the festival is an annual roti-sharing and wish-making festival that is believed to fulfil wishes and also called as Rotiyaan ki eid, the festival marks the sharing of Rotis among the devotees.
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process