Chennai sources stated that the Centre for Science and Environment has put out a report stating that citizens in Chennai make the longest trips in daily commute and the city stands second on overall emissions and thereby energy consumption among all metros. Reports from Kolkata added it also stands second in fuel consumption and the total number of two wheelers on the roads.
Meanwhile the report titled as 'The Urban Commute and how it contributes to Pollution and Energy Consumption' revealed that emission levels in Chennai and cities like Chennai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad are going the Delhi way. Delhi, however, remained the city with the most polluted air. Accordingly Anumita Roychowdhury, Executive Director, Research and Advocacy, CSE, said, “ air pollution is a national crisis and road transport is the sector showing the highest increase in emission of greenhouse gases and the rate of increase in its contribution to pollution is the fastest, which is bothersome.”
He added "Motorization in India is explosive and initially, it took
60 years (1951-2008) for India to cross the 100 million registered vehicles
mark. However, the next 100 million were added in a mere six years (2009-15)”. Furthermore
after confirming that most non-transport vehicle owners do not renew the PUC
certificate every six months, A Jai Kumar, president, Tamilnadu Vehicle
Emission Check Centre Association, in a report said that on an average only 200
vehicles undergo emission checks every month at each of the 55 testing centres
in and around Chennai.
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai