Chennai sources stated that the Centre for Science and Environment has put out a report stating that citizens in Chennai make the longest trips in daily commute and the city stands second on overall emissions and thereby energy consumption among all metros. Reports from Kolkata added it also stands second in fuel consumption and the total number of two wheelers on the roads.
Meanwhile the report titled as 'The Urban Commute and how it contributes to Pollution and Energy Consumption' revealed that emission levels in Chennai and cities like Chennai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad are going the Delhi way. Delhi, however, remained the city with the most polluted air. Accordingly Anumita Roychowdhury, Executive Director, Research and Advocacy, CSE, said, “ air pollution is a national crisis and road transport is the sector showing the highest increase in emission of greenhouse gases and the rate of increase in its contribution to pollution is the fastest, which is bothersome.”
He added "Motorization in India is explosive and initially, it took
60 years (1951-2008) for India to cross the 100 million registered vehicles
mark. However, the next 100 million were added in a mere six years (2009-15)”. Furthermore
after confirming that most non-transport vehicle owners do not renew the PUC
certificate every six months, A Jai Kumar, president, Tamilnadu Vehicle
Emission Check Centre Association, in a report said that on an average only 200
vehicles undergo emission checks every month at each of the 55 testing centres
in and around Chennai.
TDP Will Split in To Two Parts After the Results After the results of the General Election, TDP is going to be split in two as Nandamuri TDP and Nara TDP, BJP MLC Madhav said. The bicycle (TDP Symbol) got punctured and will soon become into pieces, Madhav said. Chandrababu criticized the BJP and is trying to meet the National leaders for his survival, Madhav alleged.
- Nizamabad witnessed highest temperature in Telangana at 44.4 degree Celsius
- Pawan Kalyan's Three Days Camp in Vijayawada for the Counting Day
- What did JD Lakshmi Narayana say about Exit Polls?
- Chandrababu Friends Reaching Out to Jagan
- TDP Minister Himself Does Not Believe Lagadapati Survey
- Did Sonia Gandhi invited leaders of United Progressive Alliance in Delhi?
- What do astrologers & numerologists says about election results?
- Twinkle Khanna mocks Modi by doing Meditation like him
- Namo channel disappears from all TV the very next day after the Elections!
- Why should I apologize? Vivek Oberoi slams Netizens for his Aishwarya Rai meme
- CBN's meet with Mamata Banerjee is a whiff of worry!
- What are the results of Exit Polls in Telugu states?
- Axis My India EXIT Poll has many errors!
- Who is the best politician Chiranjeevi or Pawan Kalyan?
- Tamilnadu exit polls suggested AIADMK would get 10-12 seats in 38 constituencies