Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that the 82 year old Kumari just stared on as other inmates tried to lay a floral carpet on the courtyard of a flood relief camp in Alappuzha district. The homemaker, overcome with memories from last year's celebrations with her family "She had never ever imagined that we would not celebrate another Onam at that house in the same way”.
She said “Unprecedented rains and floods have flattened our home." Meanwhile Kumari is among the over 8 lakh people who were displaced by the deadly floods and are now living in thousands of relief camps across the state after losing the savings of their lifetime. Reports added the devastating deluge, which has so far claimed 265 lives, has taken the sheen out of the state's most awaited harvest festival, Thiru Onam.
Moreover in Chengannur, a relief camp inmate said the Onam festivity may
be a low key affair this time, but we will overcome and definitely celebrate
next year in our homes. As per report young Nandana, who returned to her home
from a camp in Kochi, is busy drying her textbooks and notes as the sun came
out this morning. She said "There is no pookalam due to floods and many
in the camps, sang 'Onam pattu' (songs), laid out flower carpets and prepared
'sadya' (feast) in an effort to bring some joy into their lives mauled by the
unprecedented rains and floods, the worst the state has faced in a century.
. Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals Washington sources reported that Indian-American Neomi Rao to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on the powerful DC Circuit Court of Appeals. Meanwhile if confirmed by the Senate, Rao, would be the second Indian-American judge in this powerful court after judge Sree Srinivasan, who was appointed during the previous Obama regime and the nomination was sent to the Senate Wednesday.
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties