According to sources when the sluice gates of Cheruthoni dam were opened on August 9 to release excess water in the Idukki reservoir, the subsequent floods and landslides took with it several lives, houses and shops at the banks of Cheruthoni and Periyar River in the district. Meanwhile even small bridges in the district were washed away, barring the Cheruthoni Bridge, which continues to remain intact, without any damage.
Furthermore it is perhaps one of the bridges in the state that survived the massive floods that hit Kerala. Reports added although the approach road of the bridge was destroyed, the Cheruthoni dam, which was submerged in the massive water flow, has not sustained any major cracks or developed any issues, say officials, who inspected the bridge.
Moreover some of the
small bridges constructed by panchayats and district panchayats in
Thadiyampadu, Vimalagiri, Periyarvalley, Karimpan and Vellakkayam have been
totally washed out. Accordingly some these include Attukakad Bridge in
Pallivasal and Deviyar Bridge in Munnar and the Aladi-Porikanni Bridge in
Upputhata. Meanwhile even the widely shared video of Attukad Bridge, near
Munnar in Idukki district, collapsing showed the extent of the damage. He said
“A dam expert will inspect the bridge on Monday and as the approach roads are
washed out by the flood, it will be a hurdle to resume the traffic in full
level. The construction works of the approach roads have already begun”.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party