Sources from Madurai stated that day ahead of his brother M K Stalin's elevation as the DMK president, expelled leader M K Alagiri on Monday hardened his stance saying he will continue with the proposed September 5 march and warned the party of consequences if he was not readmitted. Meanwhile the former Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam strongman in southern Tamilnadu, who has been flexing muscles since the death of his father M Karunanidhi on August 7, said the rally in Chennai was being organized as per the wishes of the cadres.
He told reporters “They (cadres) only wanted me to take the lead in organizing the march to pay homage (to Karunanidhi)”. Moreover he said he was doing all this to "save" the DMK following the demise of Karunanidhi. "Kalaingar (Karunanidhi) is not there now and the party has to be saved and protected," Alagiri said. "Moreover if they don't readmit him, they will have to face consequences”.
Furthermore Alagiri has been in political
hibernation since his expulsion from the party in 2014 by Karunanidhi. Moreover
he had also claimed that if he was not readmitted into the DMK, the party
leaders would face a similar defeat in the upcoming Lok Sabha election like in
the last Parliament and assembly polls. Further Alagiri wielded
considerable influence in the southern districts of Tamilnadu and was the
party's organizing secretary for the south zone before his expulsion.
Who is the Baahubali of Telangana? According to sources, Telangana caretaker Deputy Chief Minister Kadiyam Srihari called caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) as the 'Baahubali of Telangana' in terms of the governance in the State. Meanwhile when addressing Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) workers in the premises of Kakatiya
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel