Chennai sources stated that DMK on Tuesday demanded that the country’s highest civilian award ‘Bharat Ratna’ be conferred on former party president and patriarch M Karunanidhi who died on August 7. Meanwhile a resolution was moved by DMK lawmaker and propaganda secretary Trichy Siva and was unanimously adopted at the party’s General Council meeting held in Chennai to elect Karunanidhi’s son M K Stalin as DMK chief.
As per report Karunanidhi died on August 7 at a Chennai hospital following a prolonged illness and hence the 94 year old Dravidian stalwart had served as Tamil Nadu chief minister five times. Furthermore he was never a Member of Parliament and previously the party had asked the Centre to posthumously confer ‘Bharat Ratna’ upon Karunanidhi in recognition of his outstanding work and several achievements.
Recently after raising the issue during Zero Hour in Rajya Sabha, DMK
member Tiruchi Siva had said Kalaignar was the tallest leader of the country
and had contributed 80 years of his life to public service, fighting for the
cause of the downtrodden, backward and the suppressed people.
IAS.Salary Rs.82,000,Assets Rs.200 crore ? Pune IAS officialDeshmukh bought 150 acres of land meant for rehabilitation projects in a village in Satara district, for just Rs.2 [email protected] Rs.2 a sft whose price skyrocketed to Rs.200 crore within an year
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon