Beijing sources reported that the country's Met department has said saw the hottest summer this year since 1961 with the average temperature reaching 22 degrees Celsius. Meanwhile the department said a total of 55 weather monitoring stations posted record high daily temperatures.
Furthermore when compared to normal years, the national average reading from June to August 26 was one degree higher, while the summer high temperatures lasted longer, covered more areas and came along with more extreme weather this year, Zhang Zuqiang, Director of the emergency relief and public service department of the China Meteorological Administration was quoted and earlier in August, China's national average temperature reached 22.2 degrees Celsius, 1.2 degrees higher than normal years.
Moreover some 93 weather stations reported extreme
high temperatures mostly in Jilin, Liaoning, Inner Mongolia, Sichuan, Hubei and
Shandong. Furthermore Zhang said the lingering high temperatures in the middle
and lower reaches of the Yangtze River were detrimental to the growth of crops.
Previously in September, most regions of the country are expected to record an
average temperature close to or higher than that of the normal years, with
normal or slightly heavier precipitation, which is conducive to the growth of
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!