Sources from Kerala stated that the government on Tuesday extended the deadline for filing of income tax returns for taxpayers in Kerala from August 31 to September 15. The Finance Ministry said in a statement "In view of the disruption caused due to severe floods in Kerala, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) hereby further extends the 'Due Date' for furnishing Income Tax Returns from August 31 to September 15 for all income tax assessee in Kerala”.
Earlier the CBDT had extended the 'Due Date' for filing of income tax returns from July 31 to August 31 for all taxpayers across the country. Furthermore the government is sending a high level delegation led by Minister of State for Finance Pon Radhakrishnan to review the relief and rehabilitation measures being undertaken by banks and insurance companies in Kerala. Moreover various relief measures pertaining to re-opening of all submerged, flood affected bank branches and ATMs, exchange of soiled, mutilated, defective currency and extension of loan repayment period have already been initiated by the banks.
Moreover the Ministry said insurance companies have also started
processing flood related claims to ensure expeditious settlement. Hence the
delegation would comprise senior officers from the central government, CMDs of
public sector banks and insurance companies including state run Agriculture
Insurance Co (AIC) and rural development lender NABARD.
How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan? Chennai sources stated that in an interesting turn of events, a Chennai resident received a Swiggy order all the way from Rajasthan. Meanwhile the Chennai based customer had given an order on Sunday and when he checked the app to track his order, he found out that the delivery executive is coming all the way from Rajasthan.
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again