Sources from Kerala stated that the government on Tuesday extended the deadline for filing of income tax returns for taxpayers in Kerala from August 31 to September 15. The Finance Ministry said in a statement "In view of the disruption caused due to severe floods in Kerala, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) hereby further extends the 'Due Date' for furnishing Income Tax Returns from August 31 to September 15 for all income tax assessee in Kerala”.
Earlier the CBDT had extended the 'Due Date' for filing of income tax returns from July 31 to August 31 for all taxpayers across the country. Furthermore the government is sending a high level delegation led by Minister of State for Finance Pon Radhakrishnan to review the relief and rehabilitation measures being undertaken by banks and insurance companies in Kerala. Moreover various relief measures pertaining to re-opening of all submerged, flood affected bank branches and ATMs, exchange of soiled, mutilated, defective currency and extension of loan repayment period have already been initiated by the banks.
Moreover the Ministry said insurance companies have also started
processing flood related claims to ensure expeditious settlement. Hence the
delegation would comprise senior officers from the central government, CMDs of
public sector banks and insurance companies including state run Agriculture
Insurance Co (AIC) and rural development lender NABARD.
No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman Tirumala sources stated that Chairman of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) Trust Board YV Subba Reddy has issued orders to cancel the L1, L2 and L3 break darshans in Tirumala. When speaking to press persons on Tuesday, he said that alternative arrangements would be implemented from Monday to replace the 'break darshan'. Furthermore he also said that the authorities have been asked
- Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed?
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid
- This 12 year Girl runs a Free Library in Kochi
- Chennai Corporation specified penalty amounts for those who do not comply with plastic ban