Accordingly the Trump administration on Tuesday said it would explore regulating Google an effort that would challenge protections around free speech online in response to the president's allegations that the tech giant manipulates its search results to prominently display negative stories about him and other Republicans. Meanwhile as per report President Donald Trump in a pre-dawn tweet claimed that search returns for "Trump News" were "RIGGED for me & others, so that almost all stories & news is BAD".
Furthermore then, his top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, said the White House is now "taking a look" at whether, and how, Google should be regulated by the government. Moreover in the United States, regulating search results could violate the First Amendment, said lawmakers from both parties, free-speech advocates and tech experts. Reports added the Trump administration's threat drew rebukes from Democrats and even a few Republicans, who said government shouldn't play a role in monitoring search results or other content online.
Meanwhile Riva Sciuto, a spokeswoman for Google,
said when users "type queries into the Google Search bar, our goal is to
make sure they receive the most relevant answers in a matter of seconds. Furthermore
search is not used to set a political agenda, and we don't bias our results
toward any political ideology, but Google's algorithm is shrouded in secrecy,
and in the past, Google has faced investigations for giving preference to its
own products and services in search results.
Heavy rains expected yesterday as well! The Meteorological Department of Chennai has said that there will be heavy rains today in Chennai and Pondicherry. Right from Sunday noon, there have been heavy and unstoppable rains in parts of Chennai and various parts of Tamilnadu, in a constant manner, and in Chennai especially, last two nights were filled with heavy rainfall, throughout the night, continuing till next morning.
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam