Chennai sources stated that DMK president M K Stalin on Wednesday slammed the Centre for jailing five civil rights activists, which he alleged betrayed the regime's "authoritarian mindset". As per report it was stated that the brazen attempt by the Union Govt to imprison its critics reflects an authoritarian mindset that disregards civil rights. Meanwhile the space for dissent is essential to every democracy.
DMK Chief MK Stalin said he demanded that the Centre should "drop all such unconstitutional actions immediately". Furthermore Stalin had made clear his resolve to take on the Centre even during his 'coronation' speech at the DMK General Council session on Tuesday, when he accused the BJP regime of trying to saffronize the country and called upon his party cadre to join him in waging a war against it.
Moreover the reports of the nationwide crackdown
early Tuesday morning on the rights activists by the Pune police who labeled
them as 'urban naxals' involved in the Bhima Koregaon violence on January 1,
must have reached the DMK chief soon after his party's GC meet.
Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas! In a press interview yesterday, Puthiya Thamizhagam party leader doctor Krishnaswamy has said that there is a constitutional provision to remove comedian Karunas from his role of an MLA. During Krishnaswamy's speech he has said that Devendra kula Vellalar caste must be removed from scheduled castes and must be placed in other backward classes.
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!