Chennai sources stated that DMK president M K Stalin on Wednesday slammed the Centre for jailing five civil rights activists, which he alleged betrayed the regime's "authoritarian mindset". As per report it was stated that the brazen attempt by the Union Govt to imprison its critics reflects an authoritarian mindset that disregards civil rights. Meanwhile the space for dissent is essential to every democracy.
DMK Chief MK Stalin said he demanded that the Centre should "drop all such unconstitutional actions immediately". Furthermore Stalin had made clear his resolve to take on the Centre even during his 'coronation' speech at the DMK General Council session on Tuesday, when he accused the BJP regime of trying to saffronize the country and called upon his party cadre to join him in waging a war against it.
Moreover the reports of the nationwide crackdown
early Tuesday morning on the rights activists by the Pune police who labeled
them as 'urban naxals' involved in the Bhima Koregaon violence on January 1,
must have reached the DMK chief soon after his party's GC meet.
TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies Accordingly the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) handed over B-Forms to 107 candidates to file their nomination with the Telangana Election Commission for the upcoming state elections, at the Telangana Bhavan and the last date for filing nominations is November 19. As per report the TRS had released their list of candidates for 107 of the 119 assembly constituencies soon after the assembly was dissolved on September 6.
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!