In the ongoing 2018 Asian games, India has won 13 gold medals, and is in the 8th position currently. In the previous 36 years, every other country that has been participating in Asian games has been witnessing an increase in the number of gold medals, while India alone does not see an increase in gold medals. In 1982, India has been the host of Asian games and in that edition of Asian games, India won 57 medals, securing the 5th position, and just like the usual belief of host nation winning more, in 1951 and 1982, India won more than 50 medals.
This time though India is set to clinch more than 64 medals this is not an improvement in reality. Even with more number of games introduced, India has not been winning medals. In 1982 147 games were held, while now there are 465 events, and countries like China, Japan and South Korea are constantly improving, with an increase of 30 to 150%.
While all the other Asian countries
are constantly rising in the medals tally with every edition, India alone has
not shown good improvement in Asian games.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?