According to sources creating the largest telecom company in India, Idea Cellular and Vodafone have merged their operations and have officially become operational as a single entity under the name ‘Vodafone Idea Limited’. Meanwhile after National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) cleared the merger on Friday, Vodafone Idea topples Bharti Airtel as the largest telecom service provider in India with a subscriber base of over 408 million.
As per report Idea Cellular’s MD Himanshu Kapania has stepped down and will continue as a non-executive director of the merged entity. Furthermore as far as the consumer is concerned, nothing will change as the Vodafone and Idea brands will continue to run independently. Moreover the current plans for both the telecom companies will continue and given the larger spectrum footprint that the merged entity will now have, the company may combine services in the future and launch combined plans.
The company said in a statement “We will continue to
offer a wide variety of digital services and solutions under both of our
popular and loved brands (Vodafone and Idea). Meanwhile services including
Voice, Data, Mobile payments, IoT, advanced enterprise offerings and
entertainment”. Further Vodafone Idea will also offer a variety of digital
services and solutions including mobile payments, Internet of Things
(IoT), advanced enterprise offerings and entertainment.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!