According to sources creating the largest telecom company in India, Idea Cellular and Vodafone have merged their operations and have officially become operational as a single entity under the name ‘Vodafone Idea Limited’. Meanwhile after National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) cleared the merger on Friday, Vodafone Idea topples Bharti Airtel as the largest telecom service provider in India with a subscriber base of over 408 million.
As per report Idea Cellular’s MD Himanshu Kapania has stepped down and will continue as a non-executive director of the merged entity. Furthermore as far as the consumer is concerned, nothing will change as the Vodafone and Idea brands will continue to run independently. Moreover the current plans for both the telecom companies will continue and given the larger spectrum footprint that the merged entity will now have, the company may combine services in the future and launch combined plans.
The company said in a statement “We will continue to
offer a wide variety of digital services and solutions under both of our
popular and loved brands (Vodafone and Idea). Meanwhile services including
Voice, Data, Mobile payments, IoT, advanced enterprise offerings and
entertainment”. Further Vodafone Idea will also offer a variety of digital
services and solutions including mobile payments, Internet of Things
(IoT), advanced enterprise offerings and entertainment.
BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s decision to contest Lok Sabha polls from Wayanad in Kerala drew the attention of the country to the constituency. Rahul is already contesting from his Amethi constituency against Smriti Irani. But then, Rahul Gandhi is up against four other Gandhis who contested for the same seat.
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!
- #TikTok BAN REMOVED...