Washington sources reported that Former US presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush, once fierce rivals of the late Senator John McCain, praised him in eulogies and joined his daughter at a memorial service in subtle and not so subtle rebukes of President Donald Trump. Meanwhile without naming Trump, who did not attend the service, Meghan McCain made a forceful statement condemning the president in remarks that at times drew applause and came after she said her dad told her to "show them how tough you are" with her eulogy.
She said “We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those who live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served," and speaking forcefully and, at times, through tears. Furthermore when taking aim at Trump's campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again," she said McCain's America was always great. Moreover Trump feuded publicly with McCain and mocked his military service, continuing to knock him even after he grew ill.
Furthermore Trump, also
a Republican, spent Saturday tweeting on other subjects and went to one of his
private golf clubs in Virginia. Previously Obama, who beat McCain in the 2008
US presidential election, hailed the one time prisoner of war for his
commitment to truth and core democratic values, qualities that some critics see
lacking in Trump, a former reality television star and New York City real
SEBI alleged Raymond failing to obtain necessary approvals for related party transactions According to sources Capital markets regulator Sebi has issued a show cause notice to textiles major Raymond citing several violations of the securities market. Meanwhile the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has alleged that Raymond failed to obtain necessary approvals for related party transactions involving the lease of a city property and that the company did not comply with shareholder reclassification norms.
- Will Simbu's Fans do Milk Abhishekam on cut-outs?
- Will JanaSena ally with TDP or get alone?
- Tehelka Mathews makes another accusation on Jayalalitha's mysterious death!
- Tamilisai opens up on DMK alliance!
- Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics!
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling