Brasilia sources reported that a huge fire has broken out at the National Museum of Brazil in Rio De Janeiro, the oldest scientific institution in the country. Accordingly Firefighters were tackling the blaze at the building, which contains more than 20 million items in its collection. As per report Brazil's President Michel Temer tweeted that it was a "sad day for all Brazilians", adding "The value of our history cannot be measured by the damage to the building." It is not yet clear if anyone has been injured in Sunday's fire and the cause of the fire is not yet known”.
Moreover the museum, which once served as the residence for the Portuguese royal family, celebrated its 200 year anniversary earlier in 2018. BBC said “Images broadcast on Brazilian television showed how the fire, which is believed to have started after the facility had closed for the day, had spread throughout the building”. Furthermore people reported on social media that the museum was completely consumed by the blaze.
Further in an interview with Brazil's TV Globo, the
museum's director said it was a "cultural tragedy". Moreover the
museum houses thousands of items related to the history of Brazil and other
countries including Egyptian artifacts, according to its website. Hence employees
had reportedly previously expressed concern about funding cuts and the
dilapidated state of the building.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018