Brasilia sources reported that a huge fire has broken out at the National Museum of Brazil in Rio De Janeiro, the oldest scientific institution in the country. Accordingly Firefighters were tackling the blaze at the building, which contains more than 20 million items in its collection. As per report Brazil's President Michel Temer tweeted that it was a "sad day for all Brazilians", adding "The value of our history cannot be measured by the damage to the building." It is not yet clear if anyone has been injured in Sunday's fire and the cause of the fire is not yet known”.
Moreover the museum, which once served as the residence for the Portuguese royal family, celebrated its 200 year anniversary earlier in 2018. BBC said “Images broadcast on Brazilian television showed how the fire, which is believed to have started after the facility had closed for the day, had spread throughout the building”. Furthermore people reported on social media that the museum was completely consumed by the blaze.
Further in an interview with Brazil's TV Globo, the
museum's director said it was a "cultural tragedy". Moreover the
museum houses thousands of items related to the history of Brazil and other
countries including Egyptian artifacts, according to its website. Hence employees
had reportedly previously expressed concern about funding cuts and the
dilapidated state of the building.
Why KCR remained silent in suicides of Intermediate students? Hyderabad sources stated that Intermediate student suicides created a panic situation in Telangana state while the Government stayed mum for almost four days with any proper immediate action. Accordingly, the CM KCR responded on this burning issue, announcing the free verification and recounting for students who failed in these examinations.
- Sri Lankan family shows involvement after ISIS claimed responsibility
- Alagiri Son's properties attached by ED
- History Maker: J.R.D. Tata - Founder of Tata Group
- AP Govt accepts shameful act of tapping phones of YSRCP
- 17413 Crore Pending Bills in Andhra Pradesh
- AP Government Admits Tapping Phones of YSR Congress Leaders?
- BJP Terrorist candidate Sandhvi says her cancer was cured by drinking Cow Urine
- Chennai to face cyclone soon!
- AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!