Accordingly as the state of Kerala slowly rebuilds itself after the devastating floods, the state is now faced with the task of battling the outbreak of leptospirosis, or ‘rat fever,’ which is being reported in increasingly high numbers. Reports added 3 more deaths were reported over the weekend, taking the total death toll since August 1 to thirty nine. Recently 42 year old Prameela from Malappuram and 42 year old Saleemsha from Kozhikode succumbed to the disease on Saturday and 34 year old Vijeesh from Kozhikode died on Sunday.
Furthermore currently, 68 suspected cases and 33 confirmed cases of leptospirosis have been reported in the state. Moreover on August 28, the state Health Department issued an alert in 5 districts, Thrissur, Palakkad, Kozhikode, Malappuram and Kannur following a sudden spike in suspected cases of leptospirosis in these districts. Moreover Additional Chief Secretary, Rajeev Sadanand, confirmed to TNM that the alerts have been issued in most parts of the state, including Kasargod, which was previously not under any alert.
He said “Alerts have been issued in most of the
districts. We are beginning to suspect that though people were instructed to
take preventive measures and given doxycycline tablets for the same, many seem
to not have taken the tablets, which is why we are probably seeing such a high
influx of cases now. Moreover it seems as though most people did not come
forward and take doxycycline as a preventive step”.
UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1 Lucknow sources stated that government doctors in Uttar Pradesh under the banner of Provincial Medical Services Association UP announced their decision to wear black bands on October 1 in support of their demands including promotion issues and non-practice allowance. A statement issued by the association said "Government doctors across the state will register their protest
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee