Ganesh Chaturthi , also called Vinayakar Chaturthi is a 10-day-festival celebrated to commemorate the birth of Lord Ganesha, the son of Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva’s. Lord Ganesha is hailed as the god of beginnings and is worshiped at beginning of any activity or event as the lord is considered to be a destroyer of evil, eliminating obstacles and giving prosperity and success.
This festival celebrating the birthday of Lord Ganesha is popular among all sections of the society, as the day unites people from different religions, castes and languages together to rejoice Ganesha’s birth.
On Ganesh Chathurthi, people offer
prayers to Lord Ganesha and seek his blessings, and it is a common practice for
people to pray with statues of Lord Ganesha at home, and days later, they
immerse the statues in sea or water bodies. This has been a practice every year
on eve of Ganesh Chathurthi.
Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi" New Delhi sources stated that declaring that "dictatorship has become a vocation" in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's regime, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi today said that people in Chhattisgarh will remember the attack on his party's workers in Bilaspur as an act of "political persecution".
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!