Ganesh Chaturthi , also called Vinayakar Chaturthi is a 10-day-festival celebrated to commemorate the birth of Lord Ganesha, the son of Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva’s. Lord Ganesha is hailed as the god of beginnings and is worshiped at beginning of any activity or event as the lord is considered to be a destroyer of evil, eliminating obstacles and giving prosperity and success.
This festival celebrating the birthday of Lord Ganesha is popular among all sections of the society, as the day unites people from different religions, castes and languages together to rejoice Ganesha’s birth.
On Ganesh Chathurthi, people offer
prayers to Lord Ganesha and seek his blessings, and it is a common practice for
people to pray with statues of Lord Ganesha at home, and days later, they
immerse the statues in sea or water bodies. This has been a practice every year
on eve of Ganesh Chathurthi.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites