Ganesh Chaturthi , also called Vinayakar Chaturthi is a 10-day-festival celebrated to commemorate the birth of Lord Ganesha, the son of Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva’s. Lord Ganesha is hailed as the god of beginnings and is worshiped at beginning of any activity or event as the lord is considered to be a destroyer of evil, eliminating obstacles and giving prosperity and success.
This festival celebrating the birthday of Lord Ganesha is popular among all sections of the society, as the day unites people from different religions, castes and languages together to rejoice Ganesha’s birth.
On Ganesh Chathurthi, people offer
prayers to Lord Ganesha and seek his blessings, and it is a common practice for
people to pray with statues of Lord Ganesha at home, and days later, they
immerse the statues in sea or water bodies. This has been a practice every year
on eve of Ganesh Chathurthi.
Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport As per report officials at the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) explained that passengers who opt for a web check-in will be able to drop their bags without waiting in long queues and head directly to the boarding gate. A source at the airport told “The passenger needs to go to these machines placed at the counters of the specific airline and place the check-in luggage on the conveyor belt near the counter.
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!