Tokyo sources reported that at least nine persons have been killed by Typhoon Jebi, the worst storm to hit Japan in 25 years. Meanwhile it has left a trail of destruction across the west coast, hitting cities like Kyoto and Osaka. Furthermore as of Wednesday, evacuation advisories had been issued for more than 1.2 million people after the storm made landfall on Tuesday afternoon.
Moreover an official said as many as 3,000 people stranded at the Osaka's Kansai International Airport were being ferried by boat to another airport on Wednesday. Furthermore the travelers were stranded at the airport, which is built on an artificial island, after a tanker crashed into the bridge connecting it with the mainland and the airport had seen its runways and basements flooded and will remain closed all Wednesday.
As per report “Flights, trains and ferries were cancelled. The winds are
slowing down and moving north, but people are being urged to stay alert for
landslides and floods”. Further more than 30,000 people were given stronger but
still not mandatory evacuation orders, the Fire and Disaster Management Agency
said. Footage on social media showed the 100 metre tall ferris wheel in Osaka
spinning rapidly in the storm despite being switched off.
People surround ministers in Orathanadu! Relief materials like food, water and electricity were not given to the people of Orathanadu, and hence, the people who were angered by this surrounded the ministers, who had come to the location to inspect the cyclone impacted areas, and questioned them and protested against them, causing chaos.
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!