Iyengars are essentially people who are called 'Sri Vaishnavas'. The word Sri Vaishnava means "the one who belongs to Sri Vishnu". So, the question essentially means to ask "why do not those married ladies live with other men rather than with their own husbands?" The answer is simple: It is because they are meant to live only with/for their husbands (and vice versa). While they do not hold any grudge or hatred towards other males, they do not also indulge in unnecessary talks/movements with them either.
Very similarly, Sri Vaishnavas are considered as wedded to Sriman Narayana on the day they have surrendered to Him (through panchasamskaram). Having been wedded to Him, how would they even think of others (called 'demigods') even in the wildest of their dreams, if they were to be 'chaste'? It does not mean they hate the others or belittle them in any way.
Rather, Sri Vaishnavas 'neither praise the others,
nor curse them'. They are just indifferent to
all others, except their own Lord or His servitors. For that matter, not just
Ganesha but Iyengars do not care about any demigod including Brahma, Shiva, Indra,
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?