The section 377 which was against the rights of LGBT community has been scrapped by the Supreme Court in a sensational verdict pronounced today. This case was heard by an Indian constitutional bench, headed by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra. All the arguments on the case had been over by July 17 itself. As the verdict was pushed to a later date, today it was given, and this has been seen as an important day in the Indian legal history.
As per section 377 any sex which was unnatural, namely men - men and women - women was considered illegal, and this was against the rights of the LGBT community. Many organizations had been fighting against this bias for the past 15 years and in such a scenario only, after extensive analysis the historic verdict has been given.
In 2009, Delhi high court had given
a verdict favoring sex of any kinds for people above 18 years of age. But later
after opposition by several outfits, the Supreme Court cancelled the order.
Today, all the 5 judges of the bench together gave the verdict, and
decriminalized section 377, and thus the rights of LGBT were restored in
TDP Exposes Mohan Babu's Lies on Fees Reimbursement Mohan Babu along with his Sree Vidyaniketan Engineering College students sat down for a massive protest today in Tirupati against the ruling TDP government regarding the fees reimbursement issue. Mohan Babu’s announcement gained prominence in view of the upcoming general elections.
- Jagan's Pulivendula Right Hand Arrested in Viveka Case?
- Pawan Kalyan Playing Caste Politics Very Well
- Will Donald Trump wipe off Islamic State group map within hours?
- Pawan Kalyan Trying To Create A Rift Between AP and Telangana
- Trailer of PM Narendra Modi grabbed 2 Million Views on YouTube
- Something Fishy about relationship between Pawan & Comedian Ali
- #GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA