The section 377 which was against the rights of LGBT community has been scrapped by the Supreme Court in a sensational verdict pronounced today. This case was heard by an Indian constitutional bench, headed by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra. All the arguments on the case had been over by July 17 itself. As the verdict was pushed to a later date, today it was given, and this has been seen as an important day in the Indian legal history.
As per section 377 any sex which was unnatural, namely men - men and women - women was considered illegal, and this was against the rights of the LGBT community. Many organizations had been fighting against this bias for the past 15 years and in such a scenario only, after extensive analysis the historic verdict has been given.
In 2009, Delhi high court had given
a verdict favoring sex of any kinds for people above 18 years of age. But later
after opposition by several outfits, the Supreme Court cancelled the order.
Today, all the 5 judges of the bench together gave the verdict, and
decriminalized section 377, and thus the rights of LGBT were restored in
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections