The section 377 which was against the rights of LGBT community has been scrapped by the Supreme Court in a sensational verdict pronounced today. This case was heard by an Indian constitutional bench, headed by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra. All the arguments on the case had been over by July 17 itself. As the verdict was pushed to a later date, today it was given, and this has been seen as an important day in the Indian legal history.
As per section 377 any sex which was unnatural, namely men - men and women - women was considered illegal, and this was against the rights of the LGBT community. Many organizations had been fighting against this bias for the past 15 years and in such a scenario only, after extensive analysis the historic verdict has been given.
In 2009, Delhi high court had given
a verdict favoring sex of any kinds for people above 18 years of age. But later
after opposition by several outfits, the Supreme Court cancelled the order.
Today, all the 5 judges of the bench together gave the verdict, and
decriminalized section 377, and thus the rights of LGBT were restored in
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP