Andhra Pradesh sources stated that TDP, which had come first in 15 Assembly seats and stood second in 21 constituencies in 2014 polls, is contemplating to forge a pre-poll alliance in Telangana. Presently TDP is marching towards Mahakutami in Telangana against TRS, BJP. It is said that TDP's leaders are contemplating with various options and Chandrababu Naidu said to have left the option to the Telangana state unit.
Meanwhile a few in the party said to have told Naidu to contest in all constituencies across Telangana, few others said to have told Naidu to go with CPI, Congress and others. TDP's state unit is expecting 40 seats from the grand alliance. Furthermore it is buzzed that Congress and others are willing to give 15 seats for the TDP, but TDP leaders are not so happy given that they had perform well in 2014.
Hence Naidu clearly told his party leaders not to
seek seats where chances to win are less and he said cutting across political
parties, only winning candidates should be chosen and all should cooperate for
their victory. As per report formal decision is expected to be taken on Maha Kutami
(Grand Alliance) soon. Presently the alliance looks pretty much sure unless and
until any last minute changes.
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!