Chennai sources reported that in a sensational case of bank fraud in the state, a Tamilnadu based firm has been accused of defrauding the State Bank of India to the tune of Rs 90 crore. Accordingly Indhumathi Refineries Private Limited in Virudhunagar district, Tamilnadu, is alleged to have defrauded the State Bank of India by using fake invoices in exchange for obtaining Letters of Credit (LoC) from the bank.
As per report, the fraud was discovered when the firm’s invoices from companies to obtain up to 46 LoCs were discovered to have been falsified. Meanwhile they turned out to be fake invoices from bogus companies drawn up in order to obtain the LoCs. Furthermore following this, the SBI approached the CBI's Bank Securities and Fraud Cell in Bengaluru. Moreover the CBI then filed an FIR and charge sheet against the firm’s proprietor R Shenbagan in addition to R Rajan, Raji Shenbagan, Thirumagal Rajan as well as employees of the firm and the bank itself.
Further following the CBI charge sheet, on Saturday, the Enforcement
Directorate raided nine properties of Indhumathi Refineries Private Limited in
Virudhunagar district in connection with the alleged money laundering. Reports added
the raids also took place at the properties of the firm’s proprietor R
Shenbagan, in Madurai and Coimbatore, where the Enforcement Directorate
officials said that they have filed a case against the firm under the
Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor