Chennai sources reported that in a sensational case of bank fraud in the state, a Tamilnadu based firm has been accused of defrauding the State Bank of India to the tune of Rs 90 crore. Accordingly Indhumathi Refineries Private Limited in Virudhunagar district, Tamilnadu, is alleged to have defrauded the State Bank of India by using fake invoices in exchange for obtaining Letters of Credit (LoC) from the bank.
As per report, the fraud was discovered when the firm’s invoices from companies to obtain up to 46 LoCs were discovered to have been falsified. Meanwhile they turned out to be fake invoices from bogus companies drawn up in order to obtain the LoCs. Furthermore following this, the SBI approached the CBI's Bank Securities and Fraud Cell in Bengaluru. Moreover the CBI then filed an FIR and charge sheet against the firm’s proprietor R Shenbagan in addition to R Rajan, Raji Shenbagan, Thirumagal Rajan as well as employees of the firm and the bank itself.
Further following the CBI charge sheet, on Saturday, the Enforcement
Directorate raided nine properties of Indhumathi Refineries Private Limited in
Virudhunagar district in connection with the alleged money laundering. Reports added
the raids also took place at the properties of the firm’s proprietor R
Shenbagan, in Madurai and Coimbatore, where the Enforcement Directorate
officials said that they have filed a case against the firm under the
Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers