Bengaluru sources stated that with Ganesh Chaturthi around the corner, the devotees in Bengaluru have decided to add a touch of eco-friendliness in their celebrations. Recently Sathya Sai trust in Bengaluru has made Ganesh idol using sugarcane shunning Plaster of Paris (PoP). Mohan Raj, a member of the trust told that each year they try to do something new and this time they chose to make the idol using sugarcane, which will be distributed to the people after 21 days of prayer.
Avinash, a worker who made sugarcane Ganesha informed that it took nearly a month and a half for them to create the idol. Even in Hyderabad, the devotees prefer the idols made of mud instead of Plaster of Paris. The sales of eco-friendly Ganesh idols have seen a sharp rise this year in the city.
Moreover Eco-friendly Ganesha idols are those
that are made out of clay, natural fibers, papers and other bio-degradable
materials. Satish Kumar, a shopkeeper while speaking he said, "There is
huge demand of eco-friendly Ganesha idols. People are avoiding idols made of
plaster and he is selling such idols from the past 4 years. This is even good
for the environment and the price is also affordable."
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor