Mumbai sources reported that triggering a controversy, Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam on Wednesday called Narendra Modi as "illiterate", while criticizing the state government's decision to screen a short film on the prime minister's life at schools in Maharashtra. Meanwhile his comment drew sharp reaction from BJP leaders with the party's Maharashtra unit spokesperson Shaina NC calling Nirupam "mentally deranged."
The Congress leader told a news channel "The decision to screen the film forcibly is wrong. Children should be kept away from politics. What will students learn from watching a film on an uneducated and illiterate person like Modi". He said "Children and people do not know how many degrees the prime minister holds". Later when asked by reporters about his choice of words, Nirupam said the ruling party need not object to each and every word, and "in democracy the prime minister is not god".
Shirole, a BJP MP from Maharashtra tweeted, "PM is not a
representative of one party, and He is the Prime Minister of the Country and its
people”. Further a government official said that ZP schools were asked to
screen the short film "Chalo Jeete Hai" on September 18 as it has a
"social message" and would inspire students. Moreover the 32 minute
film "Chalo Jeete Hai" is directed by Mangesh Hadawale and presented
by Aanand L Rai and Mahaveer Jain, is based on the early life of Modi.
TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana Sources from Vikarabad stated that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee Working President Revanth Reddy expressed confidence over his win from Kodangal constituency irrespective of the numerous schemes and conspiracies by the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leaders. Meanwhile when speaking at a meeting here, he predicted that Congress President Rahul Gandhi would be elected as the Prime Minister
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi