According to sources due to the small scale, and long travel distance from the places where they sell, most small and medium farmers in Andhra Pradesh suffer income losses. Meanwhile since these farmers do not have a formal credit history, it is difficult for them to access any formal financial services.
Furthermore to solve this issue, the Government of Andhra Pradesh and MasterCard have introduced e-Rythu, a mobile platform that digitizes agriculture marketplaces, payments and workflows. As per report from MasterCard, this platform helps farmers buy, sell and receive payments for products via their feature phones. The statement read “It will help small scale farmers looking to sell their produce to connect with the right buyers more efficiently in local language and receive the best possible prices”.
Moreover the platform has been developed by MasterCard Labs for Financial
Inclusion in Nairobi, Kenya and customized for India use by the Labs team based
at Pune. Moreover the MasterCard claims
that e-Rythu will bring a positive change to the lives of over one million
small and medium farmers in Andhra Pradesh by allowing them direct access to
markets on the platform discover the best price of their crops and receive
digital payments for what they sell. Hence the platform also creates a digital
transaction history, which allows farmers to receive formal credit from banks
and other financial institutions.
BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal Chennai sources added that Union Minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said the BJP was exploring “all possibilities” and its alliance announcement would be made very soon. Meanwhile refusing to identify his party's prospective allies, Goyal said, “In politics, all possibilities are open and are being discussed”. Furthermore Goyal, who is also the BJP's in-charge for Tamilnadu
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other