According to sources due to the small scale, and long travel distance from the places where they sell, most small and medium farmers in Andhra Pradesh suffer income losses. Meanwhile since these farmers do not have a formal credit history, it is difficult for them to access any formal financial services.
Furthermore to solve this issue, the Government of Andhra Pradesh and MasterCard have introduced e-Rythu, a mobile platform that digitizes agriculture marketplaces, payments and workflows. As per report from MasterCard, this platform helps farmers buy, sell and receive payments for products via their feature phones. The statement read “It will help small scale farmers looking to sell their produce to connect with the right buyers more efficiently in local language and receive the best possible prices”.
Moreover the platform has been developed by MasterCard Labs for Financial
Inclusion in Nairobi, Kenya and customized for India use by the Labs team based
at Pune. Moreover the MasterCard claims
that e-Rythu will bring a positive change to the lives of over one million
small and medium farmers in Andhra Pradesh by allowing them direct access to
markets on the platform discover the best price of their crops and receive
digital payments for what they sell. Hence the platform also creates a digital
transaction history, which allows farmers to receive formal credit from banks
and other financial institutions.
TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana Sources from Vikarabad stated that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee Working President Revanth Reddy expressed confidence over his win from Kodangal constituency irrespective of the numerous schemes and conspiracies by the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leaders. Meanwhile when speaking at a meeting here, he predicted that Congress President Rahul Gandhi would be elected as the Prime Minister
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi