As per report likely intervention by the country's central bank along with expectations of possible policy measures to curb currency fluctuations aided the Indian rupee to recover on Wednesday from its new record low of 72.91 to a US dollar. Meanwhile the recovery was accelerated after reports stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi may hold a meeting this weekend to take stock of the country's economy. Furthermore on a closing basis, the Indian rupee recovered by 50 paise to 72.19 per US dollar against its previous close of 72.69 per greenback.
Accordingly the concerns over a rise in inflation rate, growing protectionism in global trade and an outflow of foreign funds from the country's equity market had subdued the Indian currency during the morning trade hour at the Inter-Bank Foreign Exchange Market. Furthermore the Indian rupee touched a fresh low of 72.91 and its previous record low was 72.74 made on Tuesday.
Anindya Banerjee, Deputy Vice President for Currency and Interest Rates
with Kotak Securities, told "Rupee recovered after comments from MoF
(Ministry of Finance) officials about a possible meeting at PMO over the steps
to tackle rupee depreciation. Dollar Rupee declined from 72.91 to 71.91 in a
short span of time". Moreover according to Madhavi Arora, Economist, FX and
Rates at Edelweiss Securities "INR's effective reaction beyond the knee-jerk
today will depend on the severity of measures adopted by the
Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple Chennai sources made a statement that Tamilnadu created many spiritual leaders including those from Jains to serve the people. Meanwhile this was also the objective of the late chief minister J. Jayalalitha, who had taken a political path. Accordingly Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami said in Acharya Shree Mahashraman Chaturmas Pravas Vyavastha Samiti held in the city, on Saturday. “Jain saints and late Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha converge on same ideals”.
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities