Hyderabad sources stated that amid reports that the RSS is planning to invite Congress President Rahul Gandhi and other opposition leaders to its meeting, MIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Thursday said those accepting the invite will be inviting destruction. Meanwhile the Hyderabad MP ruled out accepting the RSS invitation, saying he would never do the "stupidity" displayed by former President Pranab Mukherjee who attended an RSS event.
He told reporters "This is the time to show the difference. Just because BJP is in power, one should not succumb or prostrate before such an ideology". Accordingly Owaisi was reacting to media reports that the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) is planning to invite Rahul Gandhi, other opposition leaders and even some Muslim leaders to its three day lecture series 'Future of Bharat: An RSS perspective' in New Delhi from September 17.
Moreover the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) President said he always
rejected the RSS ideology as they believe in Hindu nationalism while he, like
most Indians, believed in Indian nationalism. Earlier on BJP leader Subramanian
Swamy's tweet that businessman Vijay Mallya escaped from India because the
lookout notice against him was downgraded after he met someone powerful in the
Finance Ministry, the MIM chief said if Swamy had the courage of conviction, he
should move the court of law and take this matter to a logical conclusion.
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!