Sources from Chennai added that the Tamilnadu government has assured the Madras High Court that land acquisition proceedings for the Salem-Chennai Expressway will not be carried out until September 20, the date of the next hearing. Meanwhile contrary to several media reports, no stay has been ordered by the High Court on the land acquisition.
Earlier on Friday, the Madras High Court placed on record the government's submission to this effect and ordered the National Highways Authority of India (NHA) to file a flow chart of all the assessments and studies undertaken for the project thus far. Accordingly the NHAI's Project Director in Kancheepuram had filed an affidavit on the status of environmental impact assessment and the feasibility studies of the project.
Meanwhile the proposed 277.30 km long highway to connect Chennai and Salem
district has seen protests by farmers, environmental activists and political
parties in the state, who have slammed the state government for not consulting
the people whose agricultural lands and livelihoods are at stake. Reports added
the court ordered the government to explicitly make it known to the concerned
authorities for the project’s environment impact assessment that 109 trees had,
in fact, been felled.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees